We’ve finally arrived at the last symbol in our Social Tournaments ABC of Slots series so far. After we’ve seen how important Wilds are in creating a winning combination, what is the Scatter’s purpose and what are the Bonus’ specialties, it’s time to take a closer look at the intriguing Money Symbol.
What is a Money Symbol?
The Money Symbol is the only way to trigger a Money Feature, but it also plays a key part in a Collecting round. Indeed, the Money Symbol isn’t always called to play on the grid with the other symbols, but when it does make an appearance, it might just as well steal the show right off the Scatter’s nose. Other symbols should be careful- the Money Symbol is sneaky and can easily win the players’ hearts in one spin.
The Money Symbol usually lands with a money value taken from a predefined set or a multiplier attached. It works hand in hand with the Respin Feature, oftentimes being the star of the round. The Gold Party slot, for instance, would have been a bit boring if it wasn’t for the different types of Money Symbols that spice up the gameplay.
How Does a Money Symbol Look Like?
As the name hints, the Money Symbol often looks like something in the monetary area. For example, in The Amazing Money Machine Slot, the Money Symbol looks like a giant gold coin while in the Caishen’s Cash slot, it hits in the shape of a shiny coin with Asian characters on it. We wouldn’t have expected anything but grandness from the God of Wealth.
Different Types of Money Symbols
The Money Symbol isn’t as explosive as the Wild, nor as rich in features as the Bonus, but it can jazz up the fun with its money values and its nature of landing on the reels again and again, having the power to change the course of the game in a blink of an eye.
We can distinguish between a few types of Money Symbol in Pragmatic Play’s slots:
- Classic Money Symbol – this is the clean Money Symbol that hits with nothing more than its money value. Such symbols can be found in many Pragmatic Play titles, Treasure Wild being the first one that comes to mind. However, this rather simple Money Symbol might surprise you in the Big Bass Bonanza slot, where it comes into action in the Free Spins round, working closely with the Wild – the values of all Money Symbols are collected for every Wild that hits.
- Collect Money Symbol – it’s usually part of a more elaborate Money Collect round that features many other types of Money Symbols. What this symbol does is add the values of all money Symbols present on the screen.
- Multiplier Money Collect Symbol – adds an extra multiplier to the total win.
- Expanding Money Collect Symbol – all Money Symbols in view expand to cover the entire reel.
- Respin Money Collect – the Money Symbols present on the grid stay in place as the other tiles spin to bring other Money Symbols into play. A perfect example of how all these symbols work together is the John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot, but you can also watch them work their magic in another John Hunter hit released last year, the John Hunter and the Quest for Bermuda Riches slot.
- Jackpot Money Symbol – in some slots like the Wild Wild Riches slot, the Money Symbol can even take the form of a Jackpot of up to 500x the bet.
The Money Symbol is here to surprise you when you least expect it. It can take various forms to help you either collect or boost your winnings, being quite recognisable on the reels as it usually looks like a shiny coin or a piece of jewellery. If you’re out for action-packed gameplay with tons of features and thrilling plot twists, check out our tournament slots free and play your favourite Pragmatic Play online slot for free!